To hear audio pronunciation of this topic, purchase a subscription or log in.
[L. tensio, a stretching]
1. The act or process of stretching; the state of being strained or stretched.
2. Pressure, force.
3. Expansive force of a gas or vapor.
4. Mental, emotional, or nervous strain.
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.
Venes, Donald, editor. "Tension." Taber's Medical Dictionary, 24th ed., F.A. Davis Company, 2021. Taber's Online, www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/768555/all/tension.
Tension. In: Venes DD, ed. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2021. https://www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/768555/all/tension. Accessed June 3, 2023.
Tension. (2021). In Venes, D. (Ed.), Taber's Medical Dictionary (24th ed.). F.A. Davis Company. https://www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/768555/all/tension
Tension [Internet]. In: Venes DD, editors. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2021. [cited 2023 June 03]. Available from: https://www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/768555/all/tension.
TY - ELEC
T1 - tension
ID - 768555
ED - Venes,Donald,
BT - Taber's Medical Dictionary
UR - https://www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/768555/all/tension
PB - F.A. Davis Company
ET - 24
DB - Taber's Online
DP - Unbound Medicine
Try the app for free!
1. Download the Taber's Online app by Unbound Medicine
2. Select Try/Buy and follow instructions to begin your free 30-day trialYou can cancel anytime within the 30-day trial, or continue using Taber's Online to begin a 1-year subscription ($39.95)