To hear audio pronunciation of this topic, purchase a subscription or log in.
[ fissura, cleft]
1. A groove, natural division, cleft, slit, or deep furrow in the brain, liver, spinal cord, and other organs.
SYN: SEE: fissura; SEE: sulcus
2. An ulcer or cracklike sore.
3. A break in the enamel of a tooth.
fissural (fish′ŭ-răl), adj.
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.
Venes, Donald, editor. "Fissure." Taber's Medical Dictionary, 24th ed., F.A. Davis Company, 2021. Taber's Online, www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/766130/all/fissure.
Fissure. In: Venes DD, ed. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2021. https://www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/766130/all/fissure. Accessed June 6, 2023.
Fissure. (2021). In Venes, D. (Ed.), Taber's Medical Dictionary (24th ed.). F.A. Davis Company. https://www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/766130/all/fissure
Fissure [Internet]. In: Venes DD, editors. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2021. [cited 2023 June 06]. Available from: https://www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/766130/all/fissure.
TY - ELEC
T1 - fissure
ID - 766130
ED - Venes,Donald,
BT - Taber's Medical Dictionary
UR - https://www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/766130/all/fissure
PB - F.A. Davis Company
ET - 24
DB - Taber's Online
DP - Unbound Medicine
Try the app for free!
1. Download the Taber's Online app by Unbound Medicine
2. Select Try/Buy and follow instructions to begin your free 30-day trialYou can cancel anytime within the 30-day trial, or continue using Taber's Online to begin a 1-year subscription ($39.95)