To hear audio pronunciation of this topic, purchase a subscription or log in.
[L. hospes, stranger, guest, host]
1. The organism from which a parasite obtains its nourishment.
2. In embryology, the larger and more relatively normal of conjoined twins.
3. In transplantation of tissue, the one who receives the graft.
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.
Venes, Donald, editor. "Host." Taber's Medical Dictionary, 24th ed., F.A. Davis Company, 2021. Taber's Online, www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/758612/all/host.
Host. In: Venes DD, ed. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2021. https://www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/758612/all/host. Accessed May 28, 2023.
Host. (2021). In Venes, D. (Ed.), Taber's Medical Dictionary (24th ed.). F.A. Davis Company. https://www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/758612/all/host
Host [Internet]. In: Venes DD, editors. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2021. [cited 2023 May 28]. Available from: https://www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/758612/all/host.
TY - ELEC
T1 - host
ID - 758612
ED - Venes,Donald,
BT - Taber's Medical Dictionary
UR - https://www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/758612/all/host
PB - F.A. Davis Company
ET - 24
DB - Taber's Online
DP - Unbound Medicine
Try the app for free!
1. Download the Taber's Online app by Unbound Medicine
2. Select Try/Buy and follow instructions to begin your free 30-day trialYou can cancel anytime within the 30-day trial, or continue using Taber's Online to begin a 1-year subscription ($39.95)