To hear audio pronunciation of this topic, purchase a subscription or log in.
[L. cuppa, drinking vessel]
1. A small drinking vessel.
2. A cupping glass.
3. An athletic supporter (jock strap) reinforced with a piece of firm material to cover the male genitalia; worn to protect the penis and testicles during vigorous and contact sports.
4. Either of the two cup-shaped halves of a brassiere that fit over a breast.
5. A method of producing counterirritation.
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.
Venes, Donald, editor. "Cup." Taber's Medical Dictionary, 24th ed., F.A. Davis Company, 2021. Taber's Online, www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/753311/all/cup.
Cup. In: Venes DD, ed. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2021. https://www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/753311/all/cup. Accessed June 6, 2023.
Cup. (2021). In Venes, D. (Ed.), Taber's Medical Dictionary (24th ed.). F.A. Davis Company. https://www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/753311/all/cup
Cup [Internet]. In: Venes DD, editors. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2021. [cited 2023 June 06]. Available from: https://www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/753311/all/cup.
TY - ELEC
T1 - cup
ID - 753311
ED - Venes,Donald,
BT - Taber's Medical Dictionary
UR - https://www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/753311/all/cup
PB - F.A. Davis Company
ET - 24
DB - Taber's Online
DP - Unbound Medicine
Try the app for free!
1. Download the Taber's Online app by Unbound Medicine
2. Select Try/Buy and follow instructions to begin your free 30-day trialYou can cancel anytime within the 30-day trial, or continue using Taber's Online to begin a 1-year subscription ($39.95)