To hear audio pronunciation of this topic, purchase a subscription or log in.
1. A broad bandage most commonly used as an encircling support of the abdomen or chest.
2. In dentistry, a substance that holds a mixture of solid particles together.
3. A medication that attaches to a substance and takes it out of circulation, e.g., a phosphate binder.
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.
Venes, Donald, editor. "Binder." Taber's Medical Dictionary, 24th ed., F.A. Davis Company, 2021. Taber's Online, www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/744275/all/binder.
Binder. In: Venes DD, ed. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2021. https://www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/744275/all/binder. Accessed May 31, 2023.
Binder. (2021). In Venes, D. (Ed.), Taber's Medical Dictionary (24th ed.). F.A. Davis Company. https://www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/744275/all/binder
Binder [Internet]. In: Venes DD, editors. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2021. [cited 2023 May 31]. Available from: https://www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/744275/all/binder.
TY - ELEC
T1 - binder
ID - 744275
ED - Venes,Donald,
BT - Taber's Medical Dictionary
UR - https://www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/744275/all/binder
PB - F.A. Davis Company
ET - 24
DB - Taber's Online
DP - Unbound Medicine
Try the app for free!
1. Download the Taber's Online app by Unbound Medicine
2. Select Try/Buy and follow instructions to begin your free 30-day trialYou can cancel anytime within the 30-day trial, or continue using Taber's Online to begin a 1-year subscription ($39.95)