1. The underground part of a plant.
2. A bundle of pia-covered axons that emerges from or enters the brain or spinal cord inside the dura; the central-most end of a peripheral nerve, inside the dura.
3. A portion of an organ implanted in tissues.
SYN: SEE: radix
4. The part of the human tooth covered by cementum; designated by location (mesial, distal, buccal, lingual).
5. In the coastal regions of the southeastern U.S., esp. among those of Caribbean or African descent, a hex or spell, esp. one that relies on herbal rituals to produce or heal disease.
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.