To hear audio pronunciation of this topic, purchase a subscription or log in.
1. A disturbance, usually orderly and predictable, observed as a moving ridge with a definable frequency and amplitude.
2. An undulating or vibrating motion.
3. An oscillation seen in the recording of an electrocardiogram, electroencephalogram, or other graphic record of physiological activity.
COMPONENTS OF WAVES
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.
Venes, Donald, editor. "Wave." Taber's Medical Dictionary, 24th ed., F.A. Davis Company, 2021. Taber's Online, www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/734556/all/wave.
Wave. In: Venes DD, ed. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2021. https://www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/734556/all/wave. Accessed June 7, 2023.
Wave. (2021). In Venes, D. (Ed.), Taber's Medical Dictionary (24th ed.). F.A. Davis Company. https://www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/734556/all/wave
Wave [Internet]. In: Venes DD, editors. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2021. [cited 2023 June 07]. Available from: https://www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/734556/all/wave.
TY - ELEC
T1 - wave
ID - 734556
ED - Venes,Donald,
BT - Taber's Medical Dictionary
UR - https://www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/734556/all/wave
PB - F.A. Davis Company
ET - 24
DB - Taber's Online
DP - Unbound Medicine
Try the app for free!
1. Download the Taber's Online app by Unbound Medicine
2. Select Try/Buy and follow instructions to begin your free 30-day trialYou can cancel anytime within the 30-day trial, or continue using Taber's Online to begin a 1-year subscription ($39.95)