To hear audio pronunciation of this topic, purchase a subscription or log in.
[Gr. periodos, circuit, period of time]
1. The interval between two successive occurrences of any regularly recurring phenomenon or event; a cycle.
2. A colloquial expression for the menstrual flow.
3. The time a disease takes in running its course, or a stage of a disease, such as an incubation period.
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.
Venes, Donald, editor. "Period." Taber's Medical Dictionary, 24th ed., F.A. Davis Company, 2021. Taber's Online, www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/733185/all/period.
Period. In: Venes DD, ed. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2021. https://www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/733185/all/period. Accessed May 28, 2023.
Period. (2021). In Venes, D. (Ed.), Taber's Medical Dictionary (24th ed.). F.A. Davis Company. https://www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/733185/all/period
Period [Internet]. In: Venes DD, editors. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2021. [cited 2023 May 28]. Available from: https://www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/733185/all/period.
TY - ELEC
T1 - period
ID - 733185
ED - Venes,Donald,
BT - Taber's Medical Dictionary
UR - https://www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/733185/all/period
PB - F.A. Davis Company
ET - 24
DB - Taber's Online
DP - Unbound Medicine
Try the app for free!
1. Download the Taber's Online app by Unbound Medicine
2. Select Try/Buy and follow instructions to begin your free 30-day trialYou can cancel anytime within the 30-day trial, or continue using Taber's Online to begin a 1-year subscription ($39.95)