Taber’s Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary Online + Mobile powered by Unbound Medicine. Find 65,000 medical and nursing definitions. Download to iPhone, iPad, and Android. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
[Gr. pyramis, a pyramid]
1. A solid on the base with three or more triangular sides that meet at an apex.
2. Any part of the body resembling a pyramid.
3. A compact bundle of nerve fibers in the medulla oblongata.
4. The petrous portion of the temporal bone.
5. In athletic training or physical therapy, any exercise program that begins with a brief or lightly loaded effort, builds progressively to longer or more heavily loaded exercises, and then decreases progressively to its short or light phase.