Taber’s Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary Online + Mobile powered by Unbound Medicine. Find 65,000 medical and nursing definitions. Download to iPhone, iPad, and Android. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
1. The amount of radiation delivered or received over a given area or to the entire body or object.
2. Contact with an agent able to cause disease or injury, such as a bacterium or other contagious microbe; a chemical; an infected animal or person; or a physical agent, such as a radioactive source.
3. The making visible of a body part, e.g., in a surgical procedure.
4. The placing of an object or person in a particular environment, e.g., in warm or cold water.
5. The physical consequences of being outdoors for a long time, including lowered body temperature; damage to skin, muscles, or nerves; altered judgment; coma; or, in some instances, death.