To hear audio pronunciation of this topic, purchase a subscription or log in.
1. A lessening of tension or activity in a part.
2. A phase or period in a single muscle twitch following contraction in which tension decreases, fibers lengthen, and the muscle returns to a resting position.
3. In magnetic resonance imaging, the return of an excited atom to alignment with the applied magnetic field.
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.
Venes, Donald, editor. "Relaxation." Taber's Medical Dictionary, 24th ed., F.A. Davis Company, 2021. Taber's Online, www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/765339/all/relaxation.
Relaxation. In: Venes DD, ed. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2021. https://www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/765339/all/relaxation. Accessed June 4, 2023.
Relaxation. (2021). In Venes, D. (Ed.), Taber's Medical Dictionary (24th ed.). F.A. Davis Company. https://www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/765339/all/relaxation
Relaxation [Internet]. In: Venes DD, editors. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2021. [cited 2023 June 04]. Available from: https://www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/765339/all/relaxation.
TY - ELEC
T1 - relaxation
ID - 765339
ED - Venes,Donald,
BT - Taber's Medical Dictionary
UR - https://www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/765339/all/relaxation
PB - F.A. Davis Company
ET - 24
DB - Taber's Online
DP - Unbound Medicine
Try the app for free!
1. Download the Taber's Online app by Unbound Medicine
2. Select Try/Buy and follow instructions to begin your free 30-day trialYou can cancel anytime within the 30-day trial, or continue using Taber's Online to begin a 1-year subscription ($39.95)