To hear audio pronunciation of this topic, purchase a subscription or log in.
[L. processus, going forwards, an advance]
1. A method of action.
2. The state of progress of a disease.
3. A projection or outgrowth of bone or tissue.
4. A series of steps or events that lead to achievement of specific results.
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.
Venes, Donald, editor. "Process." Taber's Medical Dictionary, 24th ed., F.A. Davis Company, 2021. Taber's Online, www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/744347/all/process.
Process. In: Venes DD, ed. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2021. https://www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/744347/all/process. Accessed June 5, 2023.
Process. (2021). In Venes, D. (Ed.), Taber's Medical Dictionary (24th ed.). F.A. Davis Company. https://www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/744347/all/process
Process [Internet]. In: Venes DD, editors. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2021. [cited 2023 June 05]. Available from: https://www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/744347/all/process.
TY - ELEC
T1 - process
ID - 744347
ED - Venes,Donald,
BT - Taber's Medical Dictionary
UR - https://www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/744347/all/process
PB - F.A. Davis Company
ET - 24
DB - Taber's Online
DP - Unbound Medicine
Try the app for free!
1. Download the Taber's Online app by Unbound Medicine
2. Select Try/Buy and follow instructions to begin your free 30-day trialYou can cancel anytime within the 30-day trial, or continue using Taber's Online to begin a 1-year subscription ($39.95)