To hear audio pronunciation of this topic, purchase a subscription or log in.
1. To determine the presence of a disease or its characteristics in a broad community or a selected group.
2. A structure or substance used to protect, guard, or shield from a damaging influence such as x-rays, ultraviolet light, or insects.
3. A system used to select or reject personnel.
4. In psychiatry, the blocking of one memory with another.
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.
Venes, Donald, editor. "Screen." Taber's Medical Dictionary, 24th ed., F.A. Davis Company, 2021. Taber's Online, www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/738595/all/screen.
Screen. In: Venes DD, ed. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2021. https://www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/738595/all/screen. Accessed June 3, 2023.
Screen. (2021). In Venes, D. (Ed.), Taber's Medical Dictionary (24th ed.). F.A. Davis Company. https://www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/738595/all/screen
Screen [Internet]. In: Venes DD, editors. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2021. [cited 2023 June 03]. Available from: https://www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/738595/all/screen.
TY - ELEC
T1 - screen
ID - 738595
ED - Venes,Donald,
BT - Taber's Medical Dictionary
UR - https://www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/738595/all/screen
PB - F.A. Davis Company
ET - 24
DB - Taber's Online
DP - Unbound Medicine
Try the app for free!
1. Download the Taber's Online app by Unbound Medicine
2. Select Try/Buy and follow instructions to begin your free 30-day trialYou can cancel anytime within the 30-day trial, or continue using Taber's Online to begin a 1-year subscription ($39.95)