To hear audio pronunciation of this topic, purchase a subscription or log in.
[Fr. fr. L. capacitas, capacity]
1. The potential ability to contain; the potential power to do something.
2. Cubic content.
3. The ability to perform mentally.
4. The measure of the electrical output of a generator.
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.
Venes, Donald, editor. "Capacity." Taber's Medical Dictionary, 24th ed., F.A. Davis Company, 2021. Taber's Online, www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/738594/all/capacity.
Capacity. In: Venes DD, ed. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2021. https://www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/738594/all/capacity. Accessed June 5, 2023.
Capacity. (2021). In Venes, D. (Ed.), Taber's Medical Dictionary (24th ed.). F.A. Davis Company. https://www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/738594/all/capacity
Capacity [Internet]. In: Venes DD, editors. Taber's Medical Dictionary. F.A. Davis Company; 2021. [cited 2023 June 05]. Available from: https://www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/738594/all/capacity.
TY - ELEC
T1 - capacity
ID - 738594
ED - Venes,Donald,
BT - Taber's Medical Dictionary
UR - https://www.tabers.com/tabersonline/view/Tabers-Dictionary/738594/all/capacity
PB - F.A. Davis Company
ET - 24
DB - Taber's Online
DP - Unbound Medicine
Try the app for free!
1. Download the Taber's Online app by Unbound Medicine
2. Select Try/Buy and follow instructions to begin your free 30-day trialYou can cancel anytime within the 30-day trial, or continue using Taber's Online to begin a 1-year subscription ($39.95)